SERIAL ENTREPRENEUR CHIMAOBI DESMOND ANYASO CEO CAADES GROUP TURNS 40
Chima Anyaso is a native of Igbere in Bende, Abia State, Nigeria and was born in Aba Abia State, where he spent his formative years. He is an alumnus of Ebonyi State University, from where he received a Bachelor of Arts degree in English and Literature in 2003. After graduation, he worked variously at Elmline Nig Ltd., South Globe Ltd., Traqui Ltd., and Geo Bureau de Change, where he picked up valuable experience and in the process, made considerable positive impression on peers and employers alike. His stint at Aquitane Oil and Gas Ltd was particularly significant in establishing his reputation as an upwardly mobile young man of the oil sector.
By 2006, he felt sufficiently proficient in the workings of the industry to resign from Aquitane and form his own company, Caades Oil and Gas Ltd. It was an ambitious and quite risky move by any means, given his young years, but it was to prove ultimately profound and somewhat providential given the speed with which the new concern was to grow. The growth of Caades culminated quickly in the formation of Ceecon Energy Oil and Gas Ltd, which was eventually to become the flagship of his corporate fleet. In no time, Ceecon had secured a pride of place in the country’s ‘Ivy League’ of petroleum conglomerates. The company has since generated a turnover in excess of $1 billion, consulting for such international companies as Addax and Vitol and engaging with such renowned multinationals as Total, Mobil, Oando, AP, Wabeco and so on.
Not surprisingly, his fecund entrepreneurial mind soon veered into new horizons. He founded SC & C Bureau de Change Ltd, which was immediately among the elite Class “A” bureau de change companies granted licenses by the Central Bank of Nigeria in 2009 to address the foreign exchange inadequacies plaguing the country particularly at the time. Chimbaland Properties & Investment Co Ltd has enormous interests in Lagos real estate, especially at the up market end, while Oil Rigs Global Resources Ltd is designed as an ancillary to his petroleum sector interests.
He was awarded a Certification in Executive Management Development from the Peter J. Yobin College of Business of St. John’s University, Manhattan, New York in 2011 and is currently pursuing a Master’s Degree in Management at the University of Lagos.
Conceivably, all of these activities and engagements should leave little room for much else but however, he quite easily makes out plenty of time for philanthropy and devout Christianity. He established the Ahuoma Anyaso Education Foundation in honor of his mother and for the pursuit of quality and affordable education in the deprived rural areas. The Foundation built the first free nursery school in his hometown and has recently completed the primary education category. Being a young man himself, he is tireless in his crusade for the creation of opportunity and skills for the youths, not just in his home area but in Lagos as well.
Consequently, he has received recognition and awards for all the foregoing, to name a few, such as Award inrecognition of his contribution to Bende Clan Local Government Area in Abia State by Igbere Welfare Union Dec. 2008.
– An Award in recognition of His Business Acumen, Skills and Prowess by the South – East Students Leaders Forum – March 2010.
– An Award as Ambassador of Education for South East Nigerian Students, in recognition of his outstanding and benevolent assistance to children and youths Southeastern Nigeria towards academic development – March 2010.
– An Award of Excellence as the outstanding promoter of Education at the grass root and NYSC Programmes in Abia State and in recognition of his valuable contributions to grassroot education, NYSC Scheme and Corp Members by National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Camp Bende LGA, Abia State 2009/2010.
– An Award of certificate of Excellence for Education and Human Capital Development by Igbere Welfare Union Dec. 2011
– Ahuoma Anyaso Education Foundation award as an Ambassador in appreciation and recognition of his support towards the success of the school. Dec. 2011.
– An Award as an Icon of Leadership by the Students union Government, Abia State University Uturu – Nov 2011/2012.
– An Award in recognition of Humanitarian works to the society by Grace Kalango 56thPresident International Women’s Society – Nov. 2013.
– An Award in recognition of the outstanding youth by ESUT Law Faculty. – Feb. 2013.
– An Award in due recognition of the corporate commitment towards the attainment of the composite mandate of the firm requisite of entrenchment of nation building, economic growth and true democracy in Africa.
– An Award in recognition of tremendous contribution towards Education Advancement in Igbere during the Commissioning of second Phase of the Chima Anyaso Academy Igbere Dec. 2011.
– An Award in recognition of his Enormous Contributions towards the overall Improvement of Young people by Presbyterian Young People’s Association of Nigeria, Benin and Togo Synod of the West (PYPAN/BT) 2011.
– An Award of Excellence in recognition of selfless and humanitarian services to Bende Union Lagos. Nov. 2011.
– An Award of honour and long due Title as the Enyi ENA of Abiriba Kingdom in 2012.
– Award of Excellence & Recognition as the lion Eastern of Nigeria on renowned commitment, contributions and selfless service to the South – East and Nigeria – July 2013 by Confederation of Igbo Students (CIS).
– An Award of Honour (Team Work Champion) for recognition of an Indomitable Amazon who has brought Immense Personal Charisms in His services to National Association of Igbere Students Abia State Polytechnic Chapter- Sept. 2012/2013
– An Award as a man of valour in recognition of his service to the growth of the Presbyterian Church of Nigeria Ogbor- Hill Paris Men’s Christian Association – June 2014.
– An Award of Excellence outstanding young entrepreneur in the year 2014 by WCI Leadership.
– An Award of recognition for youth empowerment and community development by Champion Newspapers Limited – Dec. 2014
– An Award of confirmation as a patron to the (AYCF) Abia Youth Consultative Forum. July 2014.
– An award by the Igbere Clan Council of Ndi Eze in honour of strong commitment to peace in our generation, unity of the country, welfare of many & progress in Igbere Ebiri Community in 2014.
– An Award of recognition of his immense support & contribution to the development of the Union (Ekeshie Improvement Union Lagos) Nov. 2014.
– An Award in recognition of outstanding service of humanity and contribution to fostering friendship across creed and tribe on good Governance by Progressive friend’s foundation. Nov. 2014.
– An Award of recognition as a youth Empowerment leader of the 32nd Annual Symposium of the Association of Dental Students of the University of Lagos – Sept. 2014.
– An Award of distinguished entrepreneur for outstanding feasts in the Oil and Gas Industry 2015/2016 by Rotary Club of Ojodu District 9110 Nigeria.
– An Award of Crystal recognition of the most valuable personality of the year 2015 by Corporate Social Responsibility (CRS)
– An Award in recognition of his selfless service and unparalleled contribution to community development in Abia State and beyond by Abia State Town Union Association Lagos.
– An award as a distinguished business personality in recognition of his excellent performance, integrity, selfless to humanity & inspirational lifestyle by symbol of hope magazine. March 2015.
– An award as the distinguished customer of the year 2015 by Fidelity Bank Plc.
– An Award of Honor in recognition of His contributions to Bethel Seminary and the society at large on the 25th anniversary of the Assemblies of God Bethel Seminary. Nov. 2015.
– An award presented in recognition of contribution towards the upliftment of the Nigerian Girl Child award December 2016 by Viewtrend Entertainment Limited.
– An Award of recognition for being an outstanding Eastern Youth Ambassador of the year 2015/2016 by The Eastern Eye Magazine. Feb. 2016.
– An Award of excellence as the most outstanding young entrepreneur that has contributed to the growth & development of Education in 2014 presented by Nigerian Professionals Forum (NYPF). June 2015.
– An integrity Award in recognition of human capacity building and great achievements towards the development of the South – East Region and Nationwide by the Nigerian Association of Christian Journalist (NACJ) 4th Integrity Award. – May 2016.
Mr. Chima Desmond Anyaso was appointed as the Chairman South – East Coordinator for Nigerian Young Professionals Forum (NYPF) in November, 2014 and also he was selected by Vanguard Newspaper and Champion Newspaper as one the top 20 Nigerian Business Professionals in Nigeria in 2014/2015.
Recently, he was selected and appointed as the Youth Leader of the Ndi Igbo Lagos Association.
His hobbies include traveling, playing tennis, listening to music and watching football. He is a member of Ikoyi Club and is the Chairman, Board of Trustees of Miles Club Association.