Veteran Nollywood actress Rachel Oniga died on Friday at 64.
She was said to have died around 10pm in Lagos after returning from a movie set.
Her son, Olatunji, said her mother died from malaria and typhoid.
Here are seven things to know about the deceased:
- Rachel Tabuno Oniga was born on 23 May 1957 in Ebute Metta, Lagos State.
- She is originally from Eku in Delta State.
- She began her acting career in 1993, shortly after her divorce.
- She worked briefly at Ascoline Nigeria Limited, a Dutch Consultant Company before her first movie titled Onome.
- Her debut Yoruba movie was Owo Blow in 1997.
- She became a grandmother when her daughter Georgia delivered a baby.
- She featured in many Nollywood movies, including English and Yoruba films.